Here is a link to the interactive learning resource for Pod 10: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_mQqnlnCbmuduVHssL15hrj6qrcCRTfU9hAEIByt_kE/edit?usp=sharing

Hi Pod 10,

Thank you for sharing your group’s interactive learning resource. I was very impressed when I read your resource and I think you did a great job.

First of all, I like the table of contents that you created. Every content and page number are clearly displayed on it, which is logical and organized. When I’m reading, I know which page I want to read directly from the table of contents, which is very convenient.

By reading the overview of your learning resource, I can get a clear idea of what knowledge you want to teach students. I think teaching people how to work effectively in a team is very useful in both school and work life. I really like the concise language and two clear tables you used. They help me better understand what the course materials will be and what skills I will have when I finish the course.

The constructivism approach and the cooperative learning approach that you used are very well suited to your learning content. Establish a topic by imitating a real life example and allow students to learn the content of the course through practice rather than through direct education. In this way, students can learn more deeply, instead of just understanding the definitions of the concepts. It’s also important to keep them on the right track by giving them feedback after each step. I like that you say “one student’s strengths may be another’s weaknesses”. Cooperative learning really helps students find their own positions and learn knowledge better.

For the learning activity that your group designed, I don’t quite understand how the “keep talking and nobody explodes” game works and how this activity will be graded. Perhaps you want to consider writing more specifically, such as writing about whether the game needs to be played by everyone in the group at the same time, which way it’s going to be played, and how it’s going to be graded. In addition, I think the design of other activities, blogs and the group project, are very good. For example, the blog activity allows students to reflect on their group experience by writing blogs and then comment on other group members’ blogs. Through this activity, students can have a deeper understanding of the knowledge they have learned. However, I am wondering how many blogs they need to post during the whole course and how do you grade and give feedback to each student, such as by email? Howethe final project part, perhaps you want to add more details on it, such as what is the topic of the project, and what tasks should the students complete in this project. Moreover, you may want to create more topics in order to match each learning outcome, and write out more clearly about which activities correspond to which topics.

I really enjoy reading your assessment part and the inclusive design part. They are very detailed and specific. For the inclusive design part, your group did a very good job. You have considered the problems that both ‘English language learners (ELL)’ and ‘single parent who is working full-time and has 2 kids in elementary school’ may face while studying this course, and you have written possible solutions and adjustments for that. For example, for English language learners, they can use a translator to translate the learning content, and for single parents, you take into account their time constraints and make flexible deadlines for them. I believe these adjustments will help them learn this course better.

All in all, I really like your interactive learning resource. The content is very clear, and it also gives me some inspiration on how to create a good interactive learning resource. I am looking forward to seeing your final version. Thank you.